Monday, April 12, 2010

The Sharpener



I found myself staring blankly at a dull pencil when I decided to write something to somehow make the remaining time of my day worthwhile. I was reminded of a modern parable that I would never forget because it made me motivated and determined.
It was a pencil talking to his master – asking for things to be kept in mind, things to be aware of and to be anticipated because the pencil would be sent to the real world. His master answered, “Soon you will be owned by another master. You will be on his hand. He will do all the writings and you have nothing to do with it. Most importantly, expect constant sharpening for better use”.
Yes, we are all pencils in God’s hand. He does all the writings and we have nothing to do with it. Our fate is to be constantly sharpened for our betterment – to be a part of big change in the performance of our role in the society.
I could never deny the facts that many years had passed, still most of us wonder why we are here of all the places in the world to think that we could have all. If this is really our destiny in fulfillment of our greatest purpose in life and if time would be kind enough for us to pass all the hurdles ahead and finish our studies with victory. Still, we give our best though easily get fussy over life’s situations. We encounter hubbubs, yet we stay firm and fight though we find ourselves lost in the hazy battle in the arena of our extra-ordinary life.
There would be more trials ahead to test our faith, determination and endurance. We might encounter unceasing breakages, failures and mistakes. Like the pencil in the parable. I do hope that I am making a point here. This is what sharpeners were all about. Remember that a dull pencil would not do good in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment